There is no doubt that HR management is a major function in a company as the employees can drive the business. Besides, the company needs to manage its employees in the best possible ways to maintain the smooth functioning of the company. This is where the leave management system comes to play.
However, when the leave management of an organization is poorly maintained, it can turn into a laborious and hectic process. If you fail to track the leaves, approved them properly, or forecast the human resource shortages, then you may end up with a shortage of human resources. So, how to deal with this effectively? The perfect solution is the PTO tracking software.
These advanced leave management tools have changed how companies used to manage the leaves or vacations of the employees. It has facilitated transparent leave management that will develop a good relationship between the employers and employees. Are you looking for the best employee leave tracker app or software programs for your business? Well, we have listed down the top five leave tracking tools that can help you a lot. However, before that, let’s talk about the importance of using a leave management tool.
Why should every organization use time-off or leave management software?
- It can lower the paperwork, and as a result, your employees and HR managers will save time. Applying leave requests writing a letter takes more time.
- Such tools can accurately calculate the employees’ leave balances automatically. There is no need to use formulas or calculators to count the leave balances. It will offer you an auto-generated comprehensive report on that.
- You will be able to keep track of employees’ attendance. Absenteeism can greatly affect those who work. When you track the absence effectively, your employees will become more organized.
- The software program will automate different tasks related to leave management. The calendar will be updated automatically, and the employees can easily check the leave availability. Besides, a leave taken will be deducted automatically, and the employees can see their leave balance.
- As these are automated software programs, one can’t make any changes to the leave forms without getting approval from the manager.
- Using a leave tracker app, you can enhance the collaboration process as it facilitates an effective communication process between the HR management and employees.
What features should a leave tracking software offer?
While buying one, you need to make sure that the program has all the required features to automate the task and offer you a smoother process. So, some of the major features that you should look for in a time off app are:
- Supports for national holidays based in the locations.
- Personalized leave policies.
- Assign annual absence and leave types.
- Push notifications and reminders.
- Easy synchronization with payroll systems, Outlook calendar, and more.
- Monitoring the leaves.
- Offering leaves analysis reports and more.
Best leave tracking or PTO tracking software that you can use for leave management
1. Day Off
When it comes to using a reliable and well-developed Time off app, one can always trust Day off. This professional leave tracking app is a fully-featured leave management software program that is designed to serve small enterprises and startups. It is designed to offer end-to-end solutions.
When you use this leave tracker, you will enjoy analytics and reporting in one place. It comes with an easy-to-use mobile app for the employees as well as HR managers. As per the information mentioned on the website, more than 80 percent of their customers are now using this to effectively track leave requests.
It is a Free vacation tracker where employees can easily request their vacation and can automatically consider the weekends and public holidays. Besides, they will get notified about the vacation history as well as leave balance. Using this web app and its interactive and easy-to-use dashboard, HR managers can easily configure the data and import all the records.
Some amazing features of Day Off
- One can create the company with a few simple clicks. All you need to enter the email id, password, company’s location, and name, and you are ready to go. Besides, it lets you add your teams, assigning different configurations for each team.
- It will be very easy for the HR Management department to manage multiple leave requests. It shows you a comprehensive calendar view with the employees’ leave requests. Besides, you can also see the details like employees’ data, their leave duration, leave type, and more.
- Want to send an urgent announcement to your employees instantly? When you are using the Day Off app, you don’t need to put the announcements on the notice board. Just type the required message and press the button. All the teams will be notified within a few seconds.
- For the employees, not submitting a vacation request will become a lot easier. When using this app, you can send a leave request within a few seconds. All they need to choose the type of leave, start date, and end date. Once accepted by the HR manager, the app will notify employees.
- What’s more? One can easily check the leave balance and manage them accordingly. It also shows the official holidays of the region.
Day off can be seamlessly integrated with your payroll or other leave management software programs. Together they will create a robust leave time management and work system that will be helpful for the accountants, project managers, team managers, and HR managers.
Speaking about its pricing, you can go for the free version as well as paid version. With this Free time off tracker, you will enjoy limited yet useful features, such as calendar view, management reports, unlimited employees’ registration, reports management, and customize leave types.
Why use Day Off?
- It’s visual
The software offers a clear schedule view where all the absences can be shown. With the filtering option, you can choose the relevant information. View the report with beautiful and colorful charts.
- It’s very simple
Day Off doesn’t require any training for using it. The intuitive interfaces and workflow will help you in creating a robust leave management process.
- The program is highly customizable
You can customize it to adapt to the unique requirements of your company, creating different leave types, configuring the leave balances, rules, and more.
If you go for paid or Pro version, it will cost you USD 1 per user/month. However, apart from the core features, you will enjoy pro and advanced features. So, what are you waiting for? Give the Day Off app a try and enjoy a comfortable way of managing employees’ leaves.
This PTO tracking software program is designed to offer you a time-saving and transparent leave management process. The program supports different types of custom leave that can be easily configured to affect the sick day or PTO balance. Using this, you can easily get comprehensive reports that can show you the absence history of your team, leave balance changes, upcoming leaves, and more.
No matter what type of business you have, be it a large-scale business or a startup, you will benefit from its useful features. Just configure the tool based on the leave policy of your company, and you can enjoy a comfortable leave management process. Review, request, and approve the leaves with just one click.
It is important for every business to efficiently manage the absences as well as leaves of the workforce. Well, actiPLANS make sure that all the staff plans their leave schedule in such a way that it can benefit the employees as well as the employer. It offers a perfect centralized system to automate different processes. It also has an app that works on both Android and iOS devices. Some useful features are:
- Leave tracking
- Self-service portal
- Approval process control
- Leave policy management
- Calendar management and more.
The cost of actiPLANS depends on the number of users and period length. You can also go for its free version that supports only 1 to 3 users. For 1 to 40 users, you may need to pay USD 1.5 per user. If you want to use it for 41 to 200 users, then per user, the cost will be USD 1.2.
3. Kissflow HR cloud
Are you looking for a professional and trusted Employee leave tracker app for your company? Well, you can always trust Kissflow HR cloud. This cloud-based modern leave management app can lower the effort and time companies spend on the employee’s time-off process. It is a perfect online leave management system that will perfectly fit you.
As per the company, it has all the features to centralize the national holiday and leave lists to facilitate easy accessibility. As a result, it can lower the chances of leave abuse. You can increase the company’s productivity and keep the process transparent by using Kissflow HR cloud. Speaking about the features of this PTO tracker, these are:
- Flexible leave management, covering balance tracking, leave history, and more.
- Auto-updates about the holiday, leave requests, and more.
- It facilitates an effortless API integration, and you can integrate it with GL Accounting, Payroll, and more.
- It offers a self-service portal for the manager, employee, or project manager.
- The best part is that this software is scalable. It will grow based on your company’s growth, teams, etc.
Speaking about the pricing, you will find it very flexible. While you can use its free trial to test the product, if you are satisfied with it, you can go for different plans. For example, USD 16 per user and per month. For the fully loaded features, you can choose the package that costs USD 30 per user. This package is for 50 users.
This web-based Vacation tracker helps the HR managers to monitor the employees’ attendance as well as status. As a result, they can know who is on the clock, who is working on what tasks, who is coming late, and more. It is designed to offer a maximum level of visibility as well as control while lowering costs.
The time tracking feature is easy to use, and you will find it quite effective for calculating the invoicing billable time and accurate payroll. Timesheets.com can easily handle supervisor approvals, employee requests, accurate calculations. It also offers you a place to keep all the documents of your employees in one place. Some of the key features of this software are:
- A great time tacking tool
- Real-time reporting
- PTO based on the hours worked
- Easy leave requests
- Advanced security and features, and more.
For standard users, it can cost USD 4.50 per user. For non-profit organizations, per user, it can cost around USD 3.60.
ADP is a cloud-based leave management application that will offer users to enjoy highly customizable leave policies, easy integration with the company’s calendar, holiday groups. It also supports different types of leaves, covering personal, LOP, PTO, vacation, and more. ADP workforce comes with a well-designed native mobile app for both iOS and Android users. Besides, it can be easily integrated into different HR solutions through advanced API integration.
It comes with a customizable homepage that functions as a comprehensive digital noticeboard that every company can utilize to share updates, notices, and policies across the organization. Apart from its customizable homepages, it is also popular for its pricing options and provides users with a free quote.
Streamlining the management process using a Free vacation tracker, like the Day off app, you can eliminate the manual paperwork, improve the communication, remove the manual process, real-time visibility, and you can maintain perfect legal compliance.
The requirements will vary from one organization to another. So, while choosing leave management software, it will be better for you to choose a program that will perfectly cater to your basic requirements. This is where you can choose Day Off, and you can simplify your leave management process. This is a perfect app to monitor the most important resource of any company, i.e., Human Resources. So, get it now and get ready to take your business to a new height of success.