184.108.40.206. Leave Type Settings
For each policy, you can customize the leave types settings in it as follows.
1. Go to “Settings”, then “Leave policies.”
2. Edit the required policy from your list of policies or add a new one.
3. From the listed leave types, edit the required one, then the leave type settings popup will open.
You will find different options to set for the leave type as follows:
Set the Leave Types Balance
The leave type unit and cycle were predefined when the leave type was first added. The leave balance can be a specific amount or an infinite amount.
1. Select the “Has balance” option to set a specific amount.
2. Select the “Has no balance” option to set an infinite amount.
You will find the following extra options that you can use for the leave type
1. Allow half days: enables employees to request half days off instead of a full day
2. Allow compensation: this option enables employees to request extra balance as compensation for working overtime for example.
3. Auto-approve requests: this option will make any requests for this leave type automatically approved. Admins and approvers still receive notifications and emails with the requests.
4. Allow negative balance: this option enables employees to request time off even if they don’t have enough balance.
5. Requires document: any requests for the leave type will require a document to be attached with the request, e.g.: attaching a medical report with sick leave requests.
You can set Weekly, Biweekly, or Monthly accrual rates.
1. Weekly accrual rate
When selecting the accrual type as Weekly, you can set on which day of the week you want the employees to get the balance, and the amount of balance added for the leave type will be divided by 52 weeks, accrued every week.
2. Biweekly accrual rate
When selecting the accrual type as Biweekly, you can set on which day of the week you want the employees to get the balance, and the amount of balance added for the leave type will be divided by 26 weeks, accrued every two weeks.
3. Monthly accrual rate
When selecting the accrual type as Monthly, you can set on which day of the month you want the employees to get the balance, and the amount of balance added for the leave type will be divided by 12 months, accrued every month on the selected date.
You can enable the carryover settings for the remaining balance from previous the previous year to be carried over to the following year
1. Unlimited: you can set the carried-over amount to be unlimited, so all the remaining balance will be carried over
2. Limited: you can set a maximum amount to be carried over.
e.g.: set the maximum amount to 5 days, so if an employee has 10 days remaining, only 5 days will be carried over.
1. Doesn’t expire: the carried-over balance can be used throughout the whole year
2. Expires: you can set the carried-over balance to expire after a specified number of days starting from the balance reset date of each employee
After you finish setting up all of the leave types in the policy, click “Save” or “Update” to save the changes.